Friday, May 18, 2012

Review: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus

I've finally finished my first MAC product! Yay!


Consistency: Pressed powder

Application: I set my foundation with the MAC powder using a kabuki or powder brush.

Packaging:  It's a plastic black case with snap closure.  It comes with plastic cover in the case.

What it claims:  "A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day."

Thoughts / Results:
According to the MAC cosmetics website, this MSF gives low coverage to set your foundation and make touch-ups throughout the day.  I agree with the low coverage and it's basically a setting compact powder.  For me, coverage is not enough, can easily cake up on my face and accentuates my pores.

The packaging is not sleek enough to be kept in my handbag and there is no mirror or tool to do touch-ups.  It's not convenient to carry a powder brush in my handbag.  Although I don't like the low coverage and the inconvenient packaging, this MSF does have a good matifying effect.  The effect lasts around 2 - 3 hours before touch-up is needed.

I would say this powder is geared towards those with near perfect skin - those that don't need much coverage and small pores.

Cost: $34 CAD

Product:  MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
Rating: 2 / 5

Pros:
- Matifies the skin for a few hours

Cons:
- Inconvenient packaging to take on the go
- Not enough coverage
- Can get cakey on the skin
- Magnifies my pores

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...