Friday, December 3, 2010

Review: Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eye Shadows


The first Shiseido Hydro-Powder eye shadow I bought was in H8 Bare Pink.  I bought it @The Bay for $28 CAD.  My friend was wearing it and I liked how it looked.  It has a creamy consistency in the jar, just like the MAC paint pots.  It claims it is crease-resistant and I have worn the shadow alone for at least 12 hours straight and it is true that it doesn't crease.  However, I have tried using UDPP with this eye shadow and it does work better than using it alone.

I didn't encounter any problems with the quality of the eye shadows until I recently purchased the shadow in H6 Violet Visions.  This violet colour is buildable but can easily fade away.  I never encountered this problem with the H1 Goldlights and H8 Bare Pink.
Also, I find these shadows are a little too shimmery for my liking.  I wish the shimmery formula was toned down a bit. 

Here are the swatches:

Product: Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eye Shadows
Rating: 4 / 5

Pros:
- Long-lasting effects
- Great colour payoff on some
- Crease-resistant

Cons:
- Too shimmery
- Violet Visions didn't have the best colour payoff
- Expensive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...