Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Makeup look #1: Champagne + Green

This is my very first 'makeup tutorial' here.  I was thinking about how I should do it.  I was playing around with the colours and this is what I came up with.  A very subtle look, not dramatic at all.

This is a champagne + green look that I've smoked out with a hint of black.
First I moisturized my face with a light oil-free moisturizer that I only use in the summer because I do sweat quite a bit on warm summer days.
Next, I applied a little amount of Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer all over my face.  I don't use foundation anymore, so my foundation primer is actually for my concealer to stick on longer throughout the day.
Then I applied my favorite concealer - Amazing Cosmetics Concealer in Medium Beige (light).
I evenly distributed and blended out the concealer.
Next, I primed my eye lids with MAC's Painterly Paint Pot.
I applied a champagne color on the inner one-half of my eye lids.
I patted on a green color by MAC in Newly Minted in the outer one-half of my eye lids.  This is a discontinued color.  It is fine if the color is patted on with too much pigment because I'm going to blend it out with a blending brush.
Then I applied a hint of matte black color - by NARS - on my outer V of the eye lids.
Finally, I blended it out with a blending brush.
Reapply the green eye shadow if necessary.  I lined my upper eye with a slight angle using my black eyeliner by Makeup Forever and liner brush.
My last step is to curl my eyelashes and apply mascara.

Now here's the whole face look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...