Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Review: Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 Serum


I have been using this Skinceuticals Hydrating B5 serum for more than one month.  Since I have so many skincare products to go through, I share most of my skincare with my mom and this is one of the many.  And seems like results are the same between my mom and I.


The scent:
No scent

Consistency:
Very liquidity.  As you can see (right), one drop on my finger and it runs down very quickly.

Application:
After cleansing and using toner, I use serum before moisturizing.  I tend to use two drops, one on the middle finger and one on the ring finger.  Then rub my fingers together and in a patting motion, pat it all over my face and neck.

Packaging:
The product comes in a dropper bottle.  For its liquidity consistency, I think the dropper is a great design.  The bottle is made of glass - so best not to drop it on the floor.

What it claims:
"Contains high concentrations of hyaluronic acid to bind moisture to the skin and increase hydration.  Enriched with Vitamin B5, this hydrating fluid maximizes the benefits of your daily moisturizer.  Fragrance-free formulation ideal for all skin types."

Thoughts / Results:
Since I've used this product for a two months, I've still been getting dry skin patches on my nose once in a while.  I thought this product could have helped with me that problem.  Unfortunately, it didn't help much.  My skin did get a little smoother or softer but not by much, so this proves it does help with absorption of moisturizers.  Now one of the problems I've noticed is the milia I have been getting along my jawline.  As I said before, my mom has been using this product as well and she's been getting milia on her jawline as well.  I haven't noticed anything else of my skincare routine that has changed, so I can only conclude it was because of this product.  The recommended amount to apply this product was 3 to 5 drops, and clearly I had to reduce that to 2 drops.

I like the idea that it's fragrance-free as I'd prefer sometimes that products don't have a scent.  And I like that it's in a dropper bottle as it's easier to control how much I want by how many drops.

Cost:
$66 USD @Cosme-de.com (but I got it at a discount for $59.40 USD)

Product: Skinceuticals Hydrating B5
Rating: 2 / 5

Pros:
- Hydrating with use of moisturizer

Cons:
- Not best to be used alone as it gives no effects
- Causes milia on my jawline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...