Friday, October 22, 2010

Keeping Your Skin From Breaking Out

This past summer I went to a friend's cottage to hang out.  One of my friends asked me what do I do to keep my skin so clear and acne-free.  And honestly, there is no remedy or secret.  As a matter of fact, I used to not understand why some of my friends constantly break out.  Being a Science student, I learned that genes play a role - well it seems that whenever there are things that we think are unexplainable, we say it is our genes.
My dad had a phase during his teen years where he broke out and now, he has a few acne scars here and there.  My brother also had an acne problem when he was a teen.  But surprisingly, his acne didn't leave him with scars.  However, he changed his eating habits.  He drank a lot more water, ate more veggies, less meat and lot of fruits.  Mind you, he doesn't apply face cream either, so with such a lifestyle change, the results are amazing.

Personally, I don't drink that much water but I'm trying to get into that habit.  I used to drink lots of milk, but now, not so much.  =\  I've always loved fruits.  I think it's the sweetness from the fruits that makes me love it so much.  Especially fresh blueberries that still have that blueberry scent in them - I'm saying this because some blueberries that are no longer fresh, don't have a taste to them at all.  And keep in mind, blueberries are high in anti-oxidants. *yummm*  The anti-oxidants that fights off free radicals, and free radicals are substances that makes us age.
As a matter of fact, if I don't eat fruits for one day, I feel weird.

Watching what you eating and making it a habit is really the best remedy for your skin.  You can buy crazy expensive beauty products and use them everyday but it won't help much if you don't change your eating habits which fixes you from the inside.  But don't get me wrong, you need to moisturize your face to keep your skin from flaking and drying up.  But what you put into your stomach will get absorbed and revealed onto your skin, your hair and your body.  For example, drinking enough milk helps maintain healthy, strong nails and hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...