Friday, April 6, 2012

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-wear Blush

I've bought this for quite some time.  But because I have a few other blushes that I haven't hit the pan, I resisted from using this.  As we all should know, once you use a makeup product where there's any chance your skin's oil or skin cells may transfer itself to the product, it's best to use it up within a certain time frame.  There's an expiration date on all products!

I bought this blush at the 15% Sephora sale back in April 2011.  Back then, I intended to go to Sephora to pick up the colour Tipsy but in real life, Tipsy is too orange for my skin tone.  It made me look more yellow.  And from this test, I knew I had cool skin tone.  Well, I chose the colour Blissful instead.  It's a pretty popping pink colour so not a lot is needed when applying to the cheek bones.

Application:  After setting the foundation, I apply a hint of Blissful blush on my cheekbones very lightly.  Too much of this product can make me look like a clown.  =\

Packaging:  The blush came in a clear plastic box.  The case has a mirror and the pressed powder is magnetically attached to the case.  So if you tap the bottom of the case (making sure your other hand catches the pressed powder), you'll be able to remove the blush from the case.  I don't recommend tapping it too often or firmly because you could possibly shatter your pressed powder.

What it claims: "... For oily skin types, Amazonian clay minimizes oil in and around pores to balance skin and keep product in place.  Those with dry skin will benefit from the clay's nourishing and hydrating properties, which naturally restore skin's moisture.  Combination skin types can rely on its ability to zero in on skin concerns and deliver benefits to restore complexion harmony.  The result? Blush that wears better, longer, and truer!"

Thoughts / Results:
I have combination skin, so oily on the T-zone area.  But really, this blush wouldn't affect the area I apply it.  Besides the pigmented colour it gives me, I couldn't see what it physically can do to my skin.  I haven't tried any comparable colour from NARS blushes, but I have to say, the staying power of this blush is above average but not excellent.  And I'm speaking with the help of Urban Decay's All Nighter makeup setting spray, this product does last a few hours.  I find there are days it won't last until I get home, sometimes it does - faintly.
In terms of the packaging, I like the idea that the blush is magnetically attached to the case.  There's no need to use a knife to pry it from its case. 

Cost: $33 CAD @Sephora (with 15% discount, $28.05 CAD)

Product: Tarte Amazonian Clay Long-wear Blush
Rating: 4. 5 / 5

Pros:
- Excellent colour payoff
- A little goes a long way
- Great packaging with magnetic casing
- Lasting effects with the use of makeup setting products

Cons:
- Must use a light-hand to apply it, and it's too easy to apply too much

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...