Friday, September 9, 2011

Review: NARS Wild at Heart Palette

This was a NARS palette that I bought from the Shiseido/Nars warehouse sale last year.  I've been using it on and off lately.  I've finally decided to pick this up and do a review on it.  I took it on my trip to Vegas and I realized it's a great palette.  Here's my opinion/review on it:

The colours:
Eyeshadows - (top; left to right) Abyssinia, Alhambra
                       (bottom; left to right) Ashes to Ashes; Pandora

Blush - Orgasm
The Multiple - South Beach
Lip products - (top; left to right) Baby Doll lip lacquer, Red Lizard lipstick
                       (bottom; left to right) Manhunt lipstick, Fire Down Below lipstick

Packaging:
Great that it has all the products that are necessary for the face (excluding foundation and concealer).  Very sleek and thin packaging.  It's sturdy.  Not easy to break.  The shadows and products haven't fallen out on me.  It's got a wide mirror.  Even though there aren't any applicators in the palette, I don't think it's necessary to have them in there as I wouldn't be using them.

Thoughts / Results:
I really love this palette.  Why? Because it contains all the necessary neutral colours I need.  I don't need a variation of browns and neutrals to create a smoky or daytime eye look.  The lip colours are great as well because I can mix them to create the lip colour I like.  I love the Baby Doll lip lacquer.  I find the name really suits the colour.  The Fire Down Below lipstick did seem too dark of a red for me, but like I said, mixing it with other colours will fix that problem.  As for eyeshadows, the colour Pandora is a very intense black colour, with no sparkles or glitter in it - another thing I love.  I think it's comparable to MAC's Carbon shadow (if not better).  The one thing I'm kind of 'effy' about is the the two eyeshadows Abyssinia and Alhambra appear very similar once applied.  Orgasm is a blush colour that's very neutral and works for many people.  Meanwhile, I use South Beach the multiple as a bronzer for contouring my face and cheekbones.  I do wish they didn't use a multiple, and instead, replace it with a pressed powder bronzer.  But either way, it's a good palette.

Cost:
$25 CAD (@Shiseido / Nars warehouse sale; MRSP $75 USD @Narscosmetics.com)

Product: NARS Wild at Heart Palette
Rating: 4.5 / 5

Pros:
- Great neutral and smoky eyeshadows
- Very neutral/typical cheeks colours
- Nice lip colours that are mixable to create lip colours that works for me
- Nice wide mirror

Cons:
- Better if the bronzer wasn't a multiple
- Two eyeshadows - Abyssinia and Alhambra are too similar shadows; I wish Abyssinia was a colour with no sheen in it, just matte
- Price may be a turn-off for most people, but if you can find it at the warehouse sale or somewhere online, it's def worth it

Orgasm, South Beach, Baby Doll, Red Lizard, Manhunt, Fire Down Below
Using flash: Abyssinia, Alhambra, Ashes to Ashes, Pandora
Under daylight: Abyssinia, Alhambra, Ashes to Ashes, Pandora

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...