Thursday, August 4, 2011

Review: Fusion Beauty Prime Results Anti-Redness Primer

Have you tried this primer? Before I bought this primer, I did a little research and looked up the reviews on it.  On average, people on Sephora rated the Fusion Beauty primers worthy of nearly 4 stars out of 5.  The idea that this product is not only makeup but also formulated like a skincare product, really convinced me to try it out.

The consistency:
Unfortunately my bottle of primer must have been sitting on the shelf for quite some time, because it squirts out quite runny.  Even after excessively shaking it, but since the packaging was assembled with pressure, I can't open it to manually mix it.  Basically I can see a layer of watery/oily clear solution and the green primer.  I read on plenty of reviews that it's thick but sad to say, mine isn't.  =(

The scent:
Errr. Not the nicest scent out there.  I wish it wasn't scented.  It's got a floral scent but one that reminds me of play-doh.  =(

Application:
After moisturizing and applying sunscreen, one pump of the primer is enough for my entire face.  I apply with fingers as it's easier that way.  Then let it settle on my face for around 30 seconds before continuing my makeup application.

What it claims to do:
"Immediate benefits: Extra gentle formula instantly blurs the appearance of skin imperfections.  Neutralizes the look of visible redness and irritation. Helps calm and soothe sensitive skin + restore a healthy, even complexion."

"Long-term benefits: Ultra-soothing peptides and mineral-rich algae strength skin + protect against skin stressors that trigger redness and irritation.  Recovers skin's natural protective barrier for a more even and comfortable complexion in just 28 days."

Thoughts/Results:
I remember back when I was in Sephora deciding between MUFE green primer and the Fusion Beauty Anti-Redness Primer, I really had a hard time.  Under the light in there, I felt both primers did neutralize the redness on the back of my hand.  Now, do I think this product does what it claims? Yes I do feel that it blurs out my skin imperfections - after the application of foundation.  I'm not too sure about the immediate neutralization of redness, though I do see it in long-run.  Though I don't expect it to completely cover the redness like what concealers are supposed to do.  And in terms of restoring a healthy, even complexion, I think this does what it claims.  On some lazy days, I only apply the primer and no foundation and I find my complexion is slightly nicer than not using primer.  Also, I find that the primer does hold up my foundation a little better and longer than the Smashbox PhotoFinish Light.

Left: With primer; Right: No primer
This picture on the right is my most accurate capture of the neutralizing effect of the green primer.  I find it's best to capture the effect with daylight as opposed to using my camera's flash.  Anyways, I find the neutralizing effect is very mild.  The left hand is slightly lighter or more pale than the right.

Product: Fusion Beauty Prime Results Anti-Redness Primer
Rating: 4 / 5

Pros:
- Allows smooth foundation application
- Slightly neutralizes the redness

Cons:
- Not the most pleasant scent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...