Thursday, July 21, 2011

Review: Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque

I bought this deep hair masque as part of a gift set back in May (haul post) and have been using it on average twice a week.  Now I pretty much have half a tub left but that's because I use a generous amount every time.

The consistency:
It's thick but not as thick as regular hair conditioners.

The scent:
Smells fruity and reminds me of candy.  The scent is pretty strong when applying it and after you rinsing it out.  It could last over a day in your hair though, so if you don't like the scent, then you might not like the scent lasting too long in your hair.

Application:
I've tried applying it with heat and without heat.  The instructions say that heat is not required but personally, I think applying heat works better.  Basically, every other time I go to the gym and if I have time to spare, I'd leave the masque in my hair after shampoo and conditioning, hop in the sauna for 7 minutes and rinse it out after.

What is claims to do:
"Our Macadamia and Argan oils combine with tea tree and chamomile oils, aloe and algae extracts to produce miracle-like hair rejuvenation."

Thoughts/Results:
I wouldn't say this deep masque can do wonders nor can it miraculously revive my hair but it does noticeably tame down the frizzes after a few uses - so not on the first try.  Though you can feel a difference after the first use.  So if you're unsure of the product and don't want to splurge out the $28 CAD for the 250mL tub, I'd recommend on buying the sample package.  I believe they're still a bit pricey - $4.99 - but better than spending $28 to know it doesn't work for you.  Also, it looks to me that the ends of my hair seem less like straws of hay.  It still looks a bit dry but not as bad.  It does give the smooth, soft hair feeling.

Product: Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque
Rating: 3.5 / 5

Pros:
- Gives the smooth, soft hair touch
- Tames down frizzes
- Fruity scent

Cons:
- Cannot achieve the desirable results
- Still leaves ends of hair look and feel a bit dry after using half the tub
- Pricey for the minimal results

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...