Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Review: Arumee Pro-Moist Skin Lotion

I've got 3 or 4 times left to use this lotion before it's finished.  Even though it's printed as a lotion on the bottle, I don't quite think it's a lotion.  More like a softener, like the Shiseido softener.  I've had this for around 3 years and I didn't start using this until January of this year.  My mom got this from Hong Kong so it's not brand you can find in Canada.  It's a Korean brand.  I've tried eBaying it but doesn't seem anyone is carrying it there. 

Thoughts:
I have a few other products by this brand, and whether I combine or use them individually, I find they work really well.  It doesn't irritate my skin or cause random breakouts.  But the thing I don't like about this brand is its packaging.  I have their moisturizer lotion and both their bottles are made of glass.  Therefore it's heavy packaging.  Not that I've purposely throw around my bottles to see if they'll break, but the glasses are pretty durable.

Application:
After using my usual toner, I apply this lotion on with a cotton pad

Consistency:
Very liquidy.  It looks clear and feels slightly thicker than water.


Scent:
Refreshing floral, non-irritating scent.

What it claims:
"ARUMEE Pro-Moist Line enables us to cherish clear and bright skin."

Results:
I pretty much agree with what they claim their product does.  On my days where my hormones aren't out of whack, I find this product does clear and brighten my skin.  Not whiten my skin, just brighten.  I've been using this product after applying Shiseido Pureness Balancing Softener and this product still achieves that "clear and bright skin" effect.  I can tell it doesn't whiten because I have a few sunspots around my eyes and they haven't disappeared or lighten, so evidently this line doesn't diminish sunspots.  =( I wish it did.  I find this product not irritating to the skin like the other toners or softeners out there.  It does have alcohol content in there but it doesn't sting when applied on pimple wounds - yes I do sometimes irresistibly pick / pop my pimples.
Another good thing about this product is it's moisturizing properties.  Unlike other toners or softeners out there, because it's summer and my skin tends to get oily, I've tried stopping my moisturizing routine.  So basically, I apply the Shiseido softener and this Arumee lotion and that's it.  Without a moisturizer, I find my skin doesn't get dehydrated.  My skin still feels soft.  To me, this product works quite well.  It will sadly be missed after I finished this bottle.

Product: Arumee Pro-Moist Skin Lotion
Rating: 5 / 5

Pros:
- Moisturizing even with applying moisturizer
- Does keep skin clear
- Does brighten skin

Cons:
- Is not a paraben-free product

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...