Monday, May 16, 2011

Review: Covergirl Lashblast Volume Blasting Mascara

I've been using my CoverGirl Lashblast mascara for almost 2 months.  Unfortunately, it's definitely not one of my favourites.

Application:
I almost always curl my lashes before applying mascara - unless I feel lazy or in a rush.

What it claims to do:
"Get a blast of lush, volumized lashes! LashBlast’s patented volume-boosting formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max-out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big lash look."


Thoughts:
First, I think the brush is too thick and bulky to get around to the shorter lashes at the inner corners of my eye.  Next, I find the mascara formula doesn't help hold up my curled lashes.  I noticed around 3 hours after application, my lashes have lost its curl and poking straight out.  To me, I want my mascara to be able to hold up the curls and last all day.  My ideal mascara is to be able to curl my lashes without needing a eyelash curler.  Therefore, since this mascara can't hold up the curls, it really is no use to me. 
Now I don't have a problem with smudging and it doesn't clump my lashes.  Also, it doesn't get flaky.

In terms of the package, I like how the brush doesn't create a mess at the opening - unlike some of the other mascara brands I've tried.   

Product: CoverGirl Lashblast Volume Blasting Mascara in Black
Rating: 2 / 5

Pros:
- Non-clumping
- Smudgeproof
- Doesn't flake
- Separates the lashes pretty well
- Great packaging design

Cons:
- Brush is too big to get around to shorter lashes
- Mascara formula doesn't hold up curled lashes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...