Sunday, November 14, 2010

Update: Shiseido Warehouse Sale

I'm home, settled and can upload these pictures.  I didn't take pictures inside as I was a little distracted and busy.  Plus, it's kind of crowded in there.  I took this picture (above) when I was leaving, which was well past 11AM.  This may not have captured the idea of "a lot of people" but trust me, it's a long line.  I'd say the last person standing in that line probably had to wait ~2.5 hrs to get in.

Haul:
At the last sale, I bought the "Stay Soft" shampoo and conditioner.  For its price, I'd say they were worth it.  I mean they were $5 per bottle - which are each 1 L.  Except for that one in the middle, it's 500mL and cost $3.  Like a set of bottles can lasting me around 6 months each.

Here are the real goodies.  Yes, I know, not alot.  The most expensive thing I bought at this sale was the Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Cream for $35 CAD.  I really had no choice but to make this purchase.  It's winter and I need a moisturizing cream.  I was considering the Dior Hydralife, but that would cost me ~$65 CAD @Sephora.  =S

I bought the eyeshadow quad for my friend and that cost me $8 CAD.  It's called Silky Eye Shadow Quad in Q12 Wood Tones and retails @The Bay and @Sephora for $45 CAD.  So look at that! I saved $37! =)  My friend doesn't know how to apply eye shadow, so I decided to choose something neutral for her.  The only downside is that it didn't come with a box, just came with the applicators.

I got the Shiseido Hydro-Powder Eye Shadow in H6 Violet Visions for $6 CAD.  And it normally retails for $28 CAD.  =D  No box.  They also had H7 Green Exotique and I swear I stood at the table for a good 10 minutes debating whether I should spend $6 on it but reality woke me up and told me I will most likely not going to wear a green like that.

I got a Shiseido cream eyeliner for $11 CAD.  It came with a mini angled brush.  Retails for $28 CAD.

Now the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Deauville.  It cost $14 CAD but retails for $55 CAD.  And yes, I scored another amazing deal! =D The downside of this was Deauville was the ONLY Sheer Glow/Matte Foundation and it is two shades lighter than my skintone.  Though it was the last one, so I really didn't care and just picked it up anyways.  I can mix this with other foundations I have or use a darker setting powder.  The colours they had in the Sheer Glow/Matte lines were Mont Blanc, Santa Fe, Gobi and Punjab. 

NARS Eyebrow Pencil.  I got this for $6 CAD.  It retails for $25 CAD.  I wasn't too sure whether I should buy it.  I've never used an eyebrow pencil as my eyebrows aren't thinned out, nor are they bushy.  I give them a trim and touch-up once in awhile.  And once a year, I get them done @Colour Visage.

Next up is the Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam that cost me $23 CAD.  It retails for ~$49 CAD.  It's a discontinued product.  Now they carry an enhanced version called Shiseido Brightening Cleansing Foam W.

Finally, I bought a discontinued NARS Bronzer in Heat.  It cost $14 CAD but retailed for $38 CAD.  I liked it because it doesn't have any shimmer.  They had Irresistiblement there as well.  But I didn't like it, it was way to light and a little too shimmery for my liking.  They also had NARS Duo Blush/Bronzer, but I'm not a big fan of the blush in Orgasm nor do I like Deep Throat.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading and if I go next time, I hope I've given you enough temptation to go to the next Shiseido trip! =) *smirk* LOL

5 comments:

  1. WOW $14 for Nars sheer glow! I would of bought as many as I could get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, seems like most stuff are gone eh? i decided to go back for a 2nd round tmw. for nars stuff for sure! any eyeshadows left? im hoping for a foundation as well. lets hope i find one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Justine: Ya I know!!! $14, soooo worth the wait in the line up. I would have bought more makeup, but I'm on a money diet. I'm waiting for Lisa's cosmetics now - next weekend!! Gotta buy some Smashbox PhotoFinish primers and some perfume.

    @MissJayce: When I left, there were still a lot of Shiseido e/s but I would assume compared to Friday's selection, there's not a lot of variety left. =( As for NARS e/s, there were quite a few, but I didn't find any colours appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! Is this sale invite only? I would love some NARS stuff too!

    x
    Rica

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Rica: Well yes and no. The Shiseido sale goes on for 3 consecutive days - Fri, Sat, Sun. Friday is a private invitation only sale. So you need to somehow get a private invitation to get in. But for Sat and Sun, it's open for public. So if you still want SOME good stuff, you're going to need to go on Sat. I've never been on Sunday, but I would assume most stuff is gone, leaving very little variety.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...