Monday, November 22, 2010

Haul: Lisa's Cosmetics

Where?
1380 Rodick Rd
When?
November 20-23, 26-29 and Dec 3-6
Saturday: 9AM - 6PM
Sunday: 10AM - 6PM
Monday, Tuesday, Friday: 10AM - 8PM

This past Saturday, I went to Lisa's Cosmetics first day sale.  I didn't get there until 12ish. And it was the longest Lisa's Cosmetics first day sale I've been to.  And I swear I'm never going to sale during the winter or on a cold day again! This sale is becoming more and more popular and I started lining up pretty late into the day and had to wait 2.5 hours in line.  I didn't dress properly for that day.  =( Worst thing is I didn't get the perfume in full size that I really wanted.  I may have to make another trip there later this month.

Here's my haul:
Yummmm. Swiss made Chocolate and Lindt Peppermint Dark Chocolate
Yes, I am a chocolate-holic.  I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate.  I was super happy when the sale was selling my favourite kinds of chocolate.  You might be thinking: "umm, it's just Cadbury Dairy Milk, you can get that at any grocery or convenient store".  The sale sells Cadbury Dairy Milk made in the UK, which I prefer because I think it tastes better than the ones made here.

I bought 3 travel-sized tubes of Smashbox PhotoFinish Foundation Primers - 2 for myself and 1 for my best friend.  This is the oil-free version.  I think this primer is great, it works very well for me.  It retails for $25 CAD per tube @Sephora, but they were selling it for $6.99 CAD.  So yes, this was a great deal! =)

Then I was so happy to see the Lancome Bifacil travel-sized (1.7 fl oz or 50 mL).  I personally think this is a great eye makeup remover, but I just use it up so fast! My first and only full-sized bottle I got from The Bay for $34 CAD which I thought was really pricey.  So when I saw travel size version at the sale, I stocked up.  =)  Each bottle cost me $1.99 CAD.  So if I calculate how much small bottles is equivalent to a large one, 2.5 small bottles = 1 full size bottle = $4.92 CAD as opposed to $34 CAD for the same amount of product.  Score! =)

Next up, I got a bottle of Elizabeth Arden Ceramid Purifying Toner for my mom.  It cost me $15 CAD but retails for $27 USD, so I suppose if it was in CAD, it'd cost more.

Then I got myself 2 roller perfumes of Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy.  Unfortunately, the sales told me they were sold out of the full-sized bottles.  I had to compensate with the roller ones.  They cost me $7.99 CAD each but retail for $22 CAD $20 CAD.  They also had Couture Couture and Juicy Couture perfumes, but Couture Couture sold out right before my eyes and Juicy Couture was just not my scent.  So I'll have to go back to the sale to check up on Viva la Juicy eau de parfum.

I bought a package of 3 La Cross brow shaper stencils.  I'm thinking about changing my eyebrow shape, so I thought I'd give this a try.  I bought this for $0.99 CAD, and I have no idea how much it retails for.

Then I bought 2 Borghese nail polishes, each for $1.49 CAD.  I think they normally retail for $8.99 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart.  They were selling Sally Hansen nail polishes for $0.99 each, but none of the colours really attracted me.  =(

Totalling everything up, I spent $137.28 CAD.  I bought some things for my brother and mom.  And I think they overcharged me 2 dollars on some things.  

Anyways, if you haven't gone to check out their sweet deals that will save you tons from retail store, you better go! I'd advise you to go during weekdays as there was less people, meaning no long line ups!

6 comments:

  1. wow i hope there are still some bifacils when i get there! yea the lines for sales have gotten crazy long! i tried going today at 12 but the line reached the end of the fencing so will try again friday :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joan: Oh wow! Even on a weekday?!?! I'm planning to go again tmrw with my mom because she wants to pick up some perfume. *cross fingers* Hopefully we're lucky and the line won't be more than 15 mins long and HOPEFULLY the weather won't be too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girlie, i think im going to go back and stock up on the bifacils too. I got a few but then now that i saw you got the math done, IM SO GETTING MORe. today i passed by and saw that theres a huge huge line up, so i just thought ill pass by it later. i think i know what i need to get this time around =) hopefully not everything is gone yet =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MissJayce: When did you go last time? Saturday? ... LOL I recalculated the Lancome Bifacil again to make sure I stated the right cost and ya, it is $4.92 CAD not including tax for the same amount of a full-sized bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i went on vip date =P it was friday so there's no line up or anything. but this sale did get more popular than years before. i started going with my mom when it first started in 2004. =P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...