Monday, June 14, 2010

Review: Marcelle Gentle Foaming Wash + Shiseido Cleansing Massage Brush

I've been using this facial wash for the past 6 months with the Shiseido cleansing massage brush.  I bought it for $10.99 at Fortinos, in the cosmetics aisle, because I ran out of facial wash back and I lived on university campus.  It was near my exam time so I picked this up as I was grocery shopping.  The package claims the facial wash gently removes make-up and impurities without disturbing the skin's natural moisture balance. It has a gel consistency. Like the name of this facial wash, I expected it to create some sort of foam but it doesn't.  It doesn't remove makeup that well.  I find it's best used with the cleansing massage brush as opposed to fingers - especially eye makeup.  After using this foaming wash, I do feel a slight tightness on my skin, meaning it does clean the impurities off my face and "leaves a wonderful sensation of freshness".   I also do feel some sort of "softness" on my skin.

The second thing I'm going to review is the Shiseido Cleansing Massage Brush. Shiseido actually doesn't sell the exact same-looking brush.  The one I have was a 'gift with purchase' product.  I actually found it in my mom's drawer.  She hasn't used for decades but it's a pretty good applicator. T hey sell a different version of it now.
  Much like an exfoliator, it takes off much of the makeup and dirt from my face. The clear, serum-like gel is the Marcelle Gentle Foaming Wash product.

Product: Marcelle Gentle Foaming Wash
Rating: 3 / 5

Pros:
- takes off most of my face makeup
- softens my skin after each wash

Cons:
- doesn't remove eye makeup that well

Product: Shiseido Cleansing Massage Brush
Rating: 4/5

Pros:
- removes eye and face makeup really well
- the bristles are soft to the touch, so not too scratchy

Cons:
- the brush must not be pressed right against the cheeks or face to get the proper effect

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...