Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: Urban Decay All Nighter Long-lasting Makeup Setting Spray


In the past, I didn't care much whether my makeup will melt away throughout the day.  Without setting my makeup, my makeup lasts for almost 1 hour.  However, my skin condition has change lately and a makeup setting spray can really make a difference.
Urban Decay came out with 3 makeup setting sprays - Dew Me, De-Slick and All Nighter.  I thought the first bottle I should try out should be the All Nighter as I assumed it has a longer lasting power.  Each one has a different purpose.  Dew Me is a moisturizing setting spray that is mainly for dry and combination skin individuals.  De-Slick is a oil-control makeup setting spray that is for oily skin.  And finally, the All Nighter setting spray can keep your makeup on for as long as 16 hours and good for all skin types.  The 16-hour feature is what really caught my attention and drew me to buying this one over the others.

The scent: Fresh floral scent

Application:
After applying all my makeup, I finish it with 3 - 4 spritz of the makeup setting spray.  It is important to shake it BEFORE using it.

Consistency:
Very fine mist.

Packaging:
The 4 US fl oz is a great size.  A perfect size bottle for grip for my hand and I can hold it comfortably in my hand.  

It claims:
- makeup won't budge for 16 hours
- makeup always look just-applied
- makes skin look and feel fresh all night long

Thought / Results:
Normally, this product is really amazing, in terms of setting and keeping the foundation and concealer on for hours.  But on a hot day, this makeup setting spray can't stop the sweat from melting the makeup.  Also, it's not the best product to keep blush, bronzer, eyeliner or mascara on.  

Cost:
$35 CAD

Product: Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
Rating: 3.5 / 5

Pros:
- Sets makeup
- By 10th hour, base makeup (i.e. foundation and concealer) are still intact

Cons:
- Mascara and eyeliner still runs
- Bronzer and blush is pretty much gone by 10th hour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...