Thursday, June 7, 2012

Review: BioSilk Silk Therapy

This Biosilk product has been an item I've been using on and off for the past 8 or 9 years.  I'm only on my third bottle but that's because a dime-size amount is enough for my medium-length hair.      

The scent:  A chemical floral scent.  Straight from the bottle I can smell the scent of rubbing alcohol.

Consistency:  Serum.

Application:  I prefer to wash my hair prior to using this product.  I have tried it on dry hair but personally, I find it works best with wet hair.  I use roughly a dime-size amount, rub it between my hands and start applying it on the hair ends and work my way up to the roots.

Packaging:  Comes in a plastic bottle and has a press-to-open lid dispenser.

What it claims:  "BioSilk Silk Therapy is a weightless, leave-in silk replenishing and reconstructing treatment to repair, smooth and protect all hair types."

Thoughts / Results:
Personally, I love this product.  I've been switching back and forth with my LUSH Revive and Balance hair conditioner.  The alternating use of both products is working so well with my hair.  I don't have frizzy or dry end issues since switching back to using this serum.  However, in the past I have experienced a point where my hair got used to this product and it didn't work as well.  But after I stopped using it for a good year or so, I jumped back on the wagon and it's now working so well with my hair.  I don't feel the split or dry ends.  My hair doesn't annoyingly get into knots at the ends.

I definitely feel that this product is lightweight.  It doesn't way down my hair like the LUSH R and B hair conditioner does, when I use too much of it.  My hair feels smooth and soft, and it leaves a nice healthy shine.

This product does have a scent to it as indicated in the ingredients, the manufacturer added perfume in the product.  Personally, I don't mind the product but others who are sensitive to scents may find it strong.  However the smell does evaporate over 2 to 3 hours.

Cost: $49.50 CAD for 12 fl oz or 350 mL @Grand Treasures (Can be found in Canadian Costco - ~$29.95 for 250mL)

Product: BioSilk Silk Therapy
Rating: 4.5 / 5

Pros:
- Smooths and softens hair
- Leaves hair a healthy shine
- Not much is needed
- Weightless product
- Great results

Cons:
- Sometimes I find the alcohol scent overpowers the perfume that the manufacturer mixed in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...