Monday, January 21, 2013

Interesting things at work

Yesterday, I'm working at the clinic and I have a random walk-in patient who asks me to sell him contact lenses.  He had no prescription note with him, wanted a box of Bausch and Lomb contact lenses and just verbally tells me his prescription, so I explained to him.  I need a valid, physical prescription on a piece of paper signed off by an optometrist to sell you a box of contact lenses.  So then he asks me 'Why? In my home country, we don't need a prescription to buy contact lenses.'  OH MY GOSH! The WORST thing to be telling me is "in my HOME country".  I just smiled at him and said "Yeah, well, in CANADA, an optometrist office cannot LEGALLY sell you contact lenses WITHOUT a prescription."  Like honestly, you're living in Canada, you have rights but you also have to follow Canada's law.  How hard is that? If you're so unsatisfied by that, then go back to your home country! When he brought up his HOME country, I just could not stop smiling.  So anyways, I told him that if I sold him those contact lenses in the prescription he tells me, he's just prescribing his own prescription, now what is the purpose of an eye doctor when you can write up your own prescription? What a joke! *sigh* Oh and besides finding myself talking to an ignorant person, he didn't even KNOW what type of Bausch and Lomb contact lenses he wanted.  There are various Bausch and Lomb contact lenses but all he told me was the brand, Bausch and Lomb.  He couldn't give me specifically what type.  There was NO way I could figured out what contact lenses he wanted.  *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. There are irrational people everywhere! Don't let them upset you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I'm not upset at all. I think it's funny. lol.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...