Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review: LUSH R & B (Revive and Balance) Hair Moisturizer

Few months ago, I walked into a LUSH store asking for some sort of product to help my dead hair ends.  The sales rep introduced this hair moisturizer to me.  IMO, it's super pricey for a little jar of product.  Anyways, I bought it without looking up on Makeupalley to read up its reviews.  Now here's my take on this product.


The scent:
Smells like a mix of citrus and floral scent.  Not a strong scent.  The smell disappears after applied to my hair. 

Consistency:
Thick.

Application:
To avoid the greasy, clumpy hair, always apply it on freshly washed and towel-dried hair.  After showering, I comb through my hair with a big tooth comb and take very little of the product and rub it at the hair ends.  In the first few times of using this product, I had a tendency or urge to pick up more of the product but it just weighed down my hair right after it dried.

Packaging:
I really wish it wasn't in a jar because it doesn't seem hygienic.  My jar was made in October 2011 and its expiry date is December 2012.  Plus, a little bit of this product goes a long way.

What it claims:
"Revive and balance your dry, brittle hair to give strength, shine and some seriously sexy tresses.  Rub between your fingers and scrunch or smooth into the freshly washed hair."

Thoughts / Results:
I like the results of using this product.  My hair isn't AS frizzy or appear dry.  It makes my hair feel soft.  But the downside of it is being really careful how much of the product you use.  It is quite easy to overestimate the amount you need to rub into your hair.  Although I feel this product has somewhat made my hair appear healthier, it's still not what I'm looking for.  IMO, it helps / prevents my hair from getting split ends.  Thus allowing my hair to grow longer and prevents damage.  Once in a while, I do a regular check on my hair and see if I have any split ends to snip off.  But lately, I haven't found any. 

Cost:
$20.95 CAD

Product: LUSH R and B (Revive and Balance) Hair Moisturizer
Rating: 3.5 / 5

Pros:
- Helps prevent further split ends
- Very little goes a long way
- Gives the healthy hair look

Cons:
- Minimally tames frizzes
- Pretty expensive for a small jar of product
- Very easy to overestimate the amount needed
- Possible to find a better substitute for this product

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...